Ivory Skies is looking for seasoned Data Engineer to work with our team and our clients to develop enterprise grade data platforms, services, and pipelines. We are not looking for a just a "Data Engineer", but a technologist with excellent communication and customer service skills and a passion for data and problem solving.
• Lead and architect migration of data environments with performance and reliability.
• Assess and understand the ETL jobs, workflows, BI tools, and reports.
• Address technical inquiries concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature/functionality of data products.
• Experience in crafting database/data warehouse solutions in cloud (Preferably AWS. Alternatively Azure and/or GCP).
• Key must have skill sets: Python, AWS.
• Support an Agile software development lifecycle.
• You will contribute to the growth of our Data Exploitation Practice!
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Ability to hold a position of public trust with the US government.
• 5+ years industry experience coding commercial software and a passion for solving complex problems.
• 5+ years direct experience in Data Engineering with experience in tools such as: big data tools (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.), Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra, data pipeline and workflow management tools (Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.), AWS cloud services (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift (or Azure equivalents)), data streaming systems (Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.), search tools (Solr, Lucene, Elastic search), and object-oriented/object-function scripting languages (Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.)
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring and optimization (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Experience manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
• Experience manipulating structured and unstructured data for analysis.
• Experience constructing complex queries to analyze results using databases or in a data processing development environment.
• Experience with data modeling tools and process.
• Experience architecting data systems (transactional and warehouses).
• Experience aggregating results and/or compiling information for reporting from multiple datasets.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience supporting project teams of developers and data scientists who build web-based interfaces, dashboards, reports, and analytics/machine learning models.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.